Download Free Video Backgrounds Here!
Video Poker is quite a popular game amongst gamblers. This well-liked game combines elements of both slots and poker and gives the player a definite opportunity to win. This is so because unlike roulette or slots that are dependant almost purely on ‘luck’, Video Poker is an effective blend of both luck and strategy. Hence, if you learn to use the best strategy and are blessed with luck along with it, there is nothing to stop you from doing very well.
The results are always governed by a random number generator which moves through about 1000 random numbers, in a second. When the player asks the machine to deal, the Random Number Generator gives a number to the machine, which pertains to a card combination for display and the replacement cards. The odds that you will get a particular hand, is decided from the start of the game. For example, the odds of your receiving a royal flush without drawing are 1 for every 649,740 hands.
As one is allowed to discard in a game of video poker, a definite pattern or strategy on the basis of which a player can do so can be followed. The important thing is to discard in a way that maximizes your chances of a win.
The optimal strategy varies with the rules of the type of video poker being played. It may also vary with different play tables.
Learn to read a payout schedule so as to know the difference between short, partial play and full-pay versions. A 9/6 video poker will have the royal flush after every 40,000 hands played ‘ this equals approximately 80 – 100 hours of game time. This would seem to discourage betters from placing their bets in anticipation of a major payout, but the reality is that betters should always bet the maximum coins being allowed as this will minimize the house advantage.
Joker’s Wild Strategies: For full pay, the pay schedule will be 7/5 machines, 7 coins for a full house and 5 coins for a flush. There are two versions of the game, in one the money is returned on a pair of Kings or more whereas in the other at least two pairs must be present before a payout. Obviously, the first game is better for more frequent winnings than the full pay version, however, if the payouts are varied, it may be that the two pairs version actually offers more in total payouts.
Whatever the version you are playing, here are a few simple game play rules:
1. If you do not have a joker, keep 3 cards to a royal over a pair of kings of aces, as the payout in the former case will be more.
2. If three consecutive cards lead to a straight flush discard other cards for the higher payback.
3. Never feel hesitant to hold the joker alone. You will not be able to connect with a straight, flush, straight flush or a high pair. But the Joker can give you four new cards and a chance to win.
Deuces Wild Strategies:
1. In the Full-pay Deuces Wild versions there will be 9/5’s with 9 coins for a straight flush and 5 coins for a 4-of-a-kind.
2. Never hesitate in throwing away your 5 cards. You may get additional cards that are deuces and keeping an Ace of a Kings will not help you if the next hand ends up being four, fives or sevens.
3. With Jacks or better, players should throw away full hands only 3% of the time as compared to Deuces Wild players who throw away about 20% of the time ‘ that is every fifth hand.
4. Do not keep two pairs; make a selection between the two.
5. Inside straights must be kept only if they show the best possible return from the initial five cards and one should never discard a pair to hope for the straight.
6. In Deuces Wild, the number of deuces dealt in the initial hand determines the strategy. It is important to note that only once in every 5000 hands, will there be four deuces. Due to its rarity, this hand is a secondary jackpot that will get you winnings.